Lilizela Tourism Award Road Show
Monday, 12th May 2014
Dear Tourism Business Owners
This emails serves to invite you to a Lilizela Tourism Award Road show to be held on the 20 of May, 2014 at the Graham Hotel, at 10h00.
Purpose: is to raise awareness of tourism businesses about the importance of tourism awards in the tourism industry and what the they seek to achieve.
The Lilizela Awards are South Africa’s premier Travel and Tourism Awards. A platform where we give honour and celebrate the ones who have made a remarkable impact in the South African tourism industry.
These awards give national recognition to establishments, raising their profile both here in South Africa and around the world. We encourage you to enter your establishment into the following are the awards categories for 2014:
- Focus area and Category-The Minister’s Award
- Focus area and Category-Service Excellence
- The Accommodation Awards- which are based on the Tourism Grading Council of South Africa definition of an accommodation establishment
- Visitor Experience Awards- will include Scenic Beauty, Roots and Culture, Adventure and Activities, Wildlife, Lifestyle, Beach Experience and Lap of Luxury
- Tourist Guides Awards-will include Nature Guides, Adventure Guides and Culture Guides
3. Focus Area and Category: Entrepreneurship
- The Eteya Lilizela Award (Emerging Tourism Enterprise of the Year Award) recognises black owned SMEE’s who have achieved notable success in operating their businesses.
- Focus Area and Category- Sustainable Development
- Imvelo Awards- which include Best Social Involvement Programme, Best Practice Economic Impact. Overall Environment Management System and Best Single-Resource Programme(Water, Energy and Waste)
- Universal Accessibility Awards-which is based the Tourism Grading Council of South Africa (TGCSA) definition of Universal Accessibility
- B-BBEE Awards- which include Exempted Micro Enterprise (EME), Qualifying Small Enterprise (QSE) and Large Enterprises.
ECPTA, in partnership with Nelson Mandela Bay and Cacadu District municipalities hosted a successful tourism award event in the Nelson Mandela Bay in 2013.
The second Lilizela Tourism Award will be hosted again in Nelson Mandela Bay (PE) on 09 September, 2014 with same partnership.
Please take time to fill the form as the deadline is the 30th May for entries. If there is any assistance needed in relation to filling of the forms contact me.
Please respond to indicate your availability
Go to www.lilizela.co.za , read and fill in the form.